Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Happy New Year!

Obviously I am way behind on posting. I can't believe it's been nearly a month since I was on here. I guess that's what happens around the holidays. I will do my best to catch up on past sermon messages soon. In the meantime, I'll do a little updating.

As you may know, I've been participating in a women's Bible study with two other ladies in the neighborhood. We have all really been enjoying the study. I am surprised by how much I do like it. I was a little wary before we started. We have three meetings left with this study and will have to decide if we want to start a new study. If we do, it would be a great opportunity to invite others to join the group. I would certainly share the group's existence with a few ladies I know in the neighborhood. We will see.

Our last meeting before Christmas, we talked about trying to find a way to serve our neighborhood. I suggested seeing if we could help a Welcoming Committee get started again. It appears that there used to be one but I haven't seen any glimpses of one in the three years I've been here. The other ladies thought that would be the best thing to look into right now as it is too cold to do any sort of clean up/yard work. I'm trying to get some information from the board and will hopefully have something to report to the ladies at our next meeting.

I was telling my husband about what we are thinking about doing. He reminded me that I have been working on a community newcomer book with my job at church that could be useful to those new to our neighborhood. I love how he thinks of these things! It's definitely a great idea and would save some leg work if we do get something started.

I'm actually excited about getting more involved with those around me and hope that everything works out. Even with a baby on the way, this project is something that wouldn't require too much work or time. I will try to remember to keep everyone updated on what happens.

Is there anything exciting for you as a new year gets into gear?

No comments:

Post a Comment