Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Just Say Yes...Part 3

This past Sunday, Neal shared the third installment of our Just Say Yes series. It was quite enthusiastically given and one I think you would enjoy hearing. My notes are below.


Just Say Yes...When You Are Afraid

The Book of Esther

Even when God seems invisible, he's still evident and invincible.

Esther became the Queen (bride of the King) which meant that she received all of the rights and privileges of the royal family.

Esther 4:14-16: For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"Then Esther sent this reply to Mordecai: "Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maids will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish."
>Esther's call and response.

Even when Esther was afraid, she still said yes.

We must stop making excuses and start making decisions to just say yes.

Are we living fully in the promises and rights of God's family?

We aren't promised an easy life as Christians, only a great end reward.

Do you realize the full potential of being part of the Royal Family?

Do you believe that God has purposed you for such a time as this?

Matthew 10:28
>God is the only one who matters. Your relationship with him is what ultimately counts.


I really didn't have a lot of notes because I was engrossed in Neal's telling of the story of Esther. He really helped to emphasize God's hand in the events of that time (You can't make this stuff up!) I would strongly encourage you to go listen to it yourself for a fresh hearing of this story. He reminded us that even though God's name is never used in this book (the only book in the Bible in which this is true), you can see him moving throughout the story.

I am really enjoying this series because it is addressing the main excuses we tend to use as to why we can't (or won't) do what God is calling us to do (fear, inadequacy, lack of understanding - the unknown). It has caused me to think about the areas where I don't trust God to fill in my weaknesses or shortcomings. I am being reminded that there is no excuse where God doesn't have a provision waiting for me. The ultimate question is whether I trust that me + God will be able to overcome any obstacle.

No comments:

Post a Comment