Friday, July 10, 2009

S.O.A.P. Day 19

Today's scripture section was Psalms 86-91.

Scripture: Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12

Observation: We should ask God to show us how to spend our days/time so that we will gain wisdom to make good decisions. Making good use of our time increases wisdom.

Application: I need to ask God how my time each day should be spent. His guidance will help me to make good use of my life and please him in all I do.

Prayer: Father, I admit that often times I will make plans for the day without stopping to consider how you might want me to spend it. Other times I will ask you to approve or be present in the plans I make. Help me to instead seek your plans for each day and be willing to bend to your leading rather than try to stick to an arbitrary schedule. In Jesus' name, Amen.


Often times I will act like my days are mine. The free time I have is for my selfish purposes. I only have a finite number of days that God, in his infinite wisdom, has given to me. I should cherish this gift of life and seek God's purposes so that my life may be what it was meant to be. I want a life of meaning not of squandered time.

No comments:

Post a Comment