Thursday, July 2, 2009

S.O.A.P. Day 10

I had wanted to post yesterday's SOAP yesterday, but I've been preparing frantically for my parents' arrival today (!) as Adam can attest to and it did not fit into yesterday's schedule. It's a day late, but that's okay.

Once again, there were two verses that really caught my attention from Psalms 47-51. I decided that I would SOAP them both because I could. Plus, they are related in thought and go well together.

Scripture: "He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me, and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God." Psalm 50:23

Observation: Giving thanks to God shows him honor. Acknowledging what God has done allows him to continue to bless us and grow us in our relationship with him.

Application: I need to be sure to acknowledge God's hand in my life so that I do not miss additional blessings from him.

Prayer: Lord, may I not be blind or ignorant to your provision for me. I desire to receive all that you have for me. Please show me the salvation of God. Amen

~~~~~~~~~~

Scripture: Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalm 51:12

Observation: David wants to fully grasp God's salvation in his life. He wants to be aware of all God has done for him so that it is reflected in what he does/how he lives. He asks for God to help him stay close to God and to live for God.

Application: I don't always feel the "joy of my salvation". I need to remember what God has done for me and live in light of it.

Prayer: Father, remind me of your provision. May I be filled with joy at the remembrance of my redemption. Fill me with your joy and peace that others may see you in me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment