Thursday, July 16, 2009

S.O.A.P. Day 25

Today's scripture section was Psalms 112-116.


Scripture: How can I repay the Lord for all his goodness to me?
I will lift up the cup of salvation and call on the name of the Lord.
I will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people.
Psalm 116:12-14


Observation: I was just thinking verse 14 while praying this morning. God is so loving, caring, steadfast, trustworthy. How do I reciprocate when I am flaky, selfish, busy, lazy? Regardless, I do need to give back to God out of all he's given me. I like that the next two verses answer the question: prayer, accepting Jesus as Savior, being obedient and transparent.


Application: I am trying to be more transparent and obedient but my pride gets in the way (along with a desire for acceptance by others). I need to focus solely on pleasing God.


Prayer: Father, thank you so much for this timely verse. You are so good to me. Help me to seek to be obedient and transparent and to give you praise for all you have done and do. I am so thankful for the life you've given me. I am so blessed. In Jesus' name, Amen.




This was quite timely as noted above. The other verse that really struck me today was Psalm 112:7 "He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord." That's how I need to be. I really do struggle with fear and death. At times I allow fear to immobilize me. I worry about the safety of others, sometimes more than necessary. I just need to trust that God can support me through anything and everything and focus on loving him.

No comments:

Post a Comment